The AQUACROSS EBM Cookbook offers a comprehensive but easy-to-read guide to ecosystem-based management. It consists of two-page briefs on each element of EBM, and thus acts as a concise summary of the AQUACROSS project for policy-makers and practitioners. "Setting the Scene" introduces EBM. "Guidance" provides a step-by-step guide to apply EBM. "Practical Examples" draws lessons from the 8 AQUACROSS case studies. Below, "AQUACROSS lessons and recommendations" brings together the project's key conclusions for policy, business, and research.
Understanding the socio-ecological system
Planning an EBM response
- #14 AQUACROSS's Eight Case Studies – practical local examples of ecosystem-based management
- #15 Case Study: North Sea
- #16 Case Study: Spain/Morocco
- #17 Case Study: Danube
- #18 Case Study: Lough Erne, Ireland
- #19 Case Study: Ria de Aveiro, Portugal
- #20 Case Study: Lake Ringsjön, Sweden
- #21 Case Study: Swiss Plateau
- #22 Case Study: Azores
AQUACROSS lessons and recommendations
The Biodiversity Strategy
The linkage framework applications for policy
- #27 What are the limitations and challenges to implement ecosystem-based management?
- #28 The added value of Ecosystem-Based Management
- #29 Pre-conditions for "making EBM happen"
- #30 Implementing EU policy at the local level: lessons and challenges
- #31 Ecosystem-based Management and Nature-Based Solutions
- #32 Lessons from applying ecosystem-based management in the AQUACROSS Case Studies
- #33 Lessons learnt from the design, development and use of an Information Platform for the protection of aquatic biodiversity
- #34 Lessons learned for involving stakeholders in Ecosystem-Based Management: Why involve stakeholders?