The scientific partners of the H2020 AQUACROSS project are pleased to announce the Workshop on Ecosystem-based Management across Water Realms that will take place as a side event of the AQUACROSS Forum on Ecosystem-based Management of Freshwater, Coastal, and Marine Ecosystems: Insights for Innovation from Science, Policy, and Business.
The Workshop is an opportunity to explore the latest theoretical and empirical research on ecosystems and ecosystem-based water management and it takes a broad interest in areas such as water resources management, the critical link between biodiversity and ecosystem services, the role of nature based-approaches in water related risk management and adaptation, policy assessment under ecological and economic criteria, resilience thinking, etc.
Submissions are invited on the following topics:
- Evaluation of water and biodiversity related policies.
- Analysis of the links between biodiversity, ecosystems and ecosystem services.
- Understanding the links between pressures, status, and ecosystems processes and functioning.
- Field approaches to biodiversity, ecosystems, and water management.
- Governance and institutional analysis and change.
- Policy coordination.
Workshop papers could be submitted for presentation in break-out group sessions within the conference. Please send the title, abstract (maximum 300 words) and keywords to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, June 10th, 2016. Acceptance will be notified by e-mail by Wednesday, June 15th, 2016.
Further registration details and information will be provided at the Forum website: http://aquacross.eu/content/aquacross-forum-ecosystem-based-management-freshwater-coastal-and-marine-ecosystems